My name is Christina Joy and I am 20 years old. Among other things, I am a student, a freelance photographer, and people-watcher extraordinaire. This blog is a mason jar for the fragments of my increasingly jumbled soul. Don't be afraid of the monsters under the bed.

More about me

* = friend

All photographs are my own creations unless otherwise stated, and are not to be re-posted without proper credit to this website or my Flickr account. All content unless otherwise stated © Christina Joy 2011

27 July 2011

It begins in your mind, always

 I must say a word about fear. It is life’s only true opponent. Only fear can defeat life. It is a clever, treacherous adversary, how well I know. It has no decency, respects no law or convention, shows no mercy. It goes for your weakest spot, which it finds with unnerving ease. It begins in your mind, always … so you must fight hard to express it. You must fight hard to shine the light of words upon it. Because if you don’t, if your fear becomes a wordless darkness that you avoid, perhaps even manage to forget, you open yourself to further attacks of fear because you never truly fought the opponent who defeated you.
-Yann Martel

These photos were made possible by Katie, my human tripod/fashion model extraordinaire.  Hers is the face that can often be found gracing my frames, most of the time in fact.  Shooting with her is always a pleasure because she knows what to do in front of a camera, which is less than I can say for most of my models.  (But I love them anyway.)

More photos on my flickr.

4 comments:

  1. Aw! You're too kind! :D You are a lovely model. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are gorgeous. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos, and the quote is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the mind is where all problems begin.

    ReplyDelete