My name is Christina Joy and I am 20 years old. Among other things, I am a student, a freelance photographer, and people-watcher extraordinaire. This blog is a mason jar for the fragments of my increasingly jumbled soul. Don't be afraid of the monsters under the bed.

More about me

* = friend

All photographs are my own creations unless otherwise stated, and are not to be re-posted without proper credit to this website or my Flickr account. All content unless otherwise stated © Christina Joy 2011

29 January 2012

Must have lived so long with covered eyes

Trent and I braved the gales and went to the riverside where thorns attached themselves to our pantlegs while we drank fresh air and breathed the notes born of his guitar, scattered by the wind.  The waters had risen so we stayed on the bank, inviting the stares of passersby.  Tulsa can be a beautiful place if you look hard enough.

I am growing dissatisfied with my photography.  They say equipment isn't everything, but it flipping helps.  I am about to purchase a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 from Amazon, which makes me happy.  I know it performs spectacularly because I owned one at the beginning of the fall.  Not as impressive as the f/1.2 or even the f/1.4, but for the price, how could I not get it?

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. I know what you mean about equipment helping. I'm so over my point and shoot. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equipment isn't everything, but it is a lot! Congrats on the new purchase :) You'll love it and these shots are just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete