My name is Christina Joy and I am 20 years old. Among other things, I am a student, a freelance photographer, and people-watcher extraordinaire. This blog is a mason jar for the fragments of my increasingly jumbled soul. Don't be afraid of the monsters under the bed.

More about me

* = friend

All photographs are my own creations unless otherwise stated, and are not to be re-posted without proper credit to this website or my Flickr account. All content unless otherwise stated © Christina Joy 2011

24 June 2012

Sunrise on the ridge







A couple of days ago, my coworker Cristina and I hiked one of the trails belonging to the conference center where we are working for the summer. At 5 AM, it was so dark that neither of us could see very well, and our skin was raised in the lingering chill of the night.  Although short, the trail was steep, so by the time we reached the ridge at the top we were breathing hard, creating wispy clouds of mist that we could now see in the pale morning light.

We sat on a log and watched the sun rise over the wild blueberry bushes. The insects had not yet begun their vigil for human blood, so we were undisturbed in the wild.  It was a moment of peace and beauty that I wish I could experience every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment